The International Education programme at the University of St Andrews is a 12-month course run by the International Education Institute. It is designed to be useful to experienced practitioners in the field of international education, as well as those considering working in this area. Relevant careers might include educators, managerial and administrative roles in international education organisations (eg schools, universities, education-facing NGOs), educational agencies, educational policy makers, International Officers, and education-related marketing roles.
- In addition to the five compulsory modules, choose three optional modules and a dissertation topic to explore your interests while interacting with our students from a diverse range of nationalities and backgrounds, and join the International Education Institute community of practitioners and scholars.
- The modules are taught by an interdisciplinary team from different parts of the University to provide input from a range of academic and practical backgrounds.
- Study modules in the applied management and organisational behaviour aspects of leading an organisation as well as modules related to teaching and learning.
- Discuss theoretical concepts and frameworks in small groups and in writing in online forums with students studying both in St Andrews and by distance learning around the world, and apply these through theoretical and more practical assessments.
- Participate in an optional non-credit module in Professional and Academic Literacies to support both your studies and your career development.
- Action Research and Reflection for Educational Practitioners
- Education and Researching
- Leadership and Management in International Education
- Organisational Development in International Education
- Trends and Policies in International Education
- Assessment and Evaluation in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation International Relations View 550 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- Applications are welcomed from all education systems. A good 2.1 Honours degree or 3.3/4.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) is typically required in any discipline. The School also consider applications from students who can provide significant professional or other relevant experience alongside evidence of prior alternative learning such as professional qualifications or certifications.
- Some students may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL) based on their previous studies. The International Education Institute considers applications for RPL on a case by case basis in line with the University's recognition of prior learning policy
- Overall score in IELTS (Academic) of 6.5, with a minimum subscore of 6.0 or the equivalent. Students with a lower score may be eligible for a pre-sessional course. For alternative forms of evidence, see English language tests and qualifications.
International21390 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21390 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10395 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10395 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.