The Medieval Studies programme at the University of St Andrews is an interdisciplinary programme run by the Institute of Medieval Studies (SAIMS).
- Draws on the long-established and recognised strengths in medieval studies available from the participating disciplines – Art History, Divinity, English, History, Modern Languages and Philosophy.
- Gives students the opportunity to work closely with colleagues covering a vast range of expertise from Late Antiquity to the 15th century and across the medieval world, from the Middle East and the Mediterranean to the British Isles and Scandinavia.
- Introduces different theoretical approaches, current debates and the nature of cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary work in the fields of history, art history, languages and literature.
- Offers an opportunity to combine training in manuscript studies and palaeography with interdisciplinary work or single discipline modules.
- Includes weekly seminars and regular workshops, bringing students into direct contact with visiting academics.
- Approaches to Medieval Studies
- Palaeography with Codicological and Manuscript Studies
- Core Language and Text Skills (Greek Italian or Arabic)
- Directed Reading in Medieval Studies
- Discipline Skills
- Latin for Medieval Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Liberal Arts View 204 other Masters in Ancient History in United Kingdom
- A 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree.
- English language proficiency.
International21390 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21390 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10395 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10395 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.