The MA in Psychology - Applied Psychology (Positive and Coaching Psychology) at University College Cork equips students with advanced training in positive psychology coaching skills that will prepare them for a career as a professional coach. Skills in research methodology are a prerequisite for all psychology professions, and they constitute a key set of skills that set psychologists apart in the wider workplace.
Master's training is an integral part of any human services profession. Ultimately we envisage our graduates will have three career routes opened to them by completing this course.
- Solopreneurs in the private sector, either as a consultant practitioner or through the development of private practice.
- As part of a route to becoming a chartered coaching psychologist or an accredited coach.
- A Research/Academic career in Psychology or related area perhaps by moving into a PhD.
- Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Practice of Evidence-Based Coaching
- Positive Psychology and Human Flourishing
- Positive Psychology Coaching Practice
- Cognitive enhancement and motivational interviewing as strategies for change
- Health Psychology
- Positive Organisational Psychology
- Private Practice
- Positive Psychology in Group Settings
- Learning, Well-Being, & Participation at Work
- A minimum of an awarded Second Class Honours Grade II in an undergraduate (honours) degree
- An interest in the appropriate application of psychological theory and methods to coaching practice.
- Reasons for applying to the course, including a written statement about career objectives.
- All applicants must arrange for one Referee's Report form to completed and uploaded to their application.
International18400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18400 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8080 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8080 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.