Renewable and Sustainable Energy Technologies from Northumbria University has a well-established reputation for renewable and sustainable energy technologies. You will benefit from excellent technical facilities including specialist workshops. We also have a laboratory that’s dedicated to power networks, wind energy, photovoltaics and battery testing for electric vehicles.
In the second year, for one semester, you will have the chance to study in another country or join a research group. This valuable experience will enhance your employability and further develop your theoretical and practical skills.
You could also undertake a postgraduate research degree such as an MPhil, PhD and Professional Doctorate. If you decide to start up your own business, it’s good to know that the combined turnover of our graduates’ start-up companies is higher than that of any other UK university.
Whatever you decide to do, you will have the transferable skills that employers expect from a master’s graduate from Northumbria University. These include the ability to tackle complex issues through conceptualisation and undertaking research, the ability to contribute to new processes and knowledge, and the ability to formulate balanced judgements when considering incomplete or ambiguous data.
- Building Energy and Environmental Modelling
- Research Methods
- Sustainable Development for Engineering Practitioners
- Thermo-Mechanical Energy Conversion Systems
- Multidisciplinary Design and Engineering Optimisation
- Wind, Photovoltaic and Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students are advised to apply early to secure your place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 158 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in an engineering or science discipline. Other subject qualifications, equivalent professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- International applicants (apart from exempt nationalities) will need an ATAS certificate to enrol on this course. Without this certificate, a visa application will be refused.
- English language proficiency
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National12075 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12075 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.