With Mathematical Modelling and Machine Learning programme at University College Cork you will develop and apply new skills to real-world problems using mathematical ideas and techniques together with software tailored for complex networks and self-learning systems. While there is a strong focus on modern applications, our graduates will gain in-demand skills in mathematical modelling, problem-solving, scientific computing, dynamic machine learning, complex networks and communication of mathematical ideas to a non-technical audience.
We also teach general hands-on skills such as mathematical typesetting, mathematical writing, desktop and web-based mathematical software development, and the use of computer languages and packages such as C#, R, Python and TensorFlow – all of which are highly prized by employers in this field.
Graduates with quantitative skills and expertise in self-learning algorithms are in high demand in the industry. Demand for these skills is projected to rise over the coming years not just in Ireland but in the EU and globally. Graduates from a similar MSc have secured jobs in the following areas: banking, financial trading, consultancy, online gambling firms, software development, logistics, data analysis, and with companies such as AIB, McAfee, Fexco, DeCare Systems, MpStor, the Tyndall Institute, Matchbook.com, First Derivatives, and KPMG.
- Numerical Methods and Applications
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Scientific Computing with Numerical Examples
- Techniques with Networks
- Dynamic Machine Learning with Applications
- Complex and Neural Networks
- Open Source Infrastructure for Mathematical Modelling & Big Data
- Deep Learning
- Engineering machine Learning Solutions
- Statistical Methods for Machine Learning I
- Statistical Methods for Machine Learning II
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Machine Learning View 19 other Masters in Mathematics in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College Cork and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates must have obtained at least a Second Class Honours Grade II in a primary honours degree (NFQ, Level 8) or equivalent in a numerate discipline (i.e., commensurate with science or engineering programmes).
- Candidates are expected to have taken courses in mathematics, applied mathematics or statistics at university level, and be familiar with calculus, vectors, matrices and elementary statistics.
- Candidates from Grandes Écoles Colleges are also eligible to apply if they are studying a cognate discipline in an ENSEA or EFREI Graduate School and are eligible to enter the final year (M2) of their programme.
- All candidates must ultimately be approved by the director of the MSc (Mathematical Modelling and Self-Learning Systems) programme.
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8130 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.