The Intensive Language (Persian) programme at the SOAS University of London will enable students to engage with the subject of their Masters’ programme in the context of Iran, and the wider Persian speaking world, through the study of modern and classical Persian, to engage with primary Persian sources and data and to conduct research and professional work in Iran or parts of Central Asia.
This Intensive Persian Language programme combined with a discipline would suit students wishing to embark on research degrees with a focus on Iran and the wider Persianate world. Professionals wishing to pursue careers directly related to Iran, including government departments (of both the UK and other countries), and in firms requiring particular skills and knowledge related to trading, investment and promotional interests outside Europe.
Why study Persian Intensive Language and a discipline at SOAS
- SOAS is ranked 1st in London in the Complete University Guide 2021 for Middle Eastern and African Studies, and 6th in UK
- SOAS has an unrivalled reputation as the foremost provider of Near and Middle East studies
- students have the opportunity to study abroad for a year at one of our partner universities.
- Intercultural communication and interaction
- Intercultural communication research in action
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 550 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- We will consider all applications with 2:2 (or international equivalent) or higher. In addition to degree classification we take into account other elements of the application such as supporting statement. References are optional, but can help build a stronger application if you fall below the 2:2 requirement or have non-traditional qualifications.
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11980 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.