Public Health from Northumbria University will equip you with the knowledge and approaches necessary to implement a broad range of interventions to improve public health outcomes in different employment contexts. For example, dealing with pandemic flu epidemics, increasing accessibility to health care services, reducing obesity or malaria rates and community development to enable disadvantaged communities.
CareersUpon graduation you will possess the skills required for leadership, management and system-based thinking in public health, all of which will enhance your ability to lead and manage in a variety of public health organisations in the UK and worldwide.
The Master of Public Health qualification is a national and internationally renowned degree that will help you seek employment in public or government services, voluntary organisations, non-governmental organisations and research posts both in the UK and abroad.
Former alumni have gone on to work for non-governmental organisations, hospital management, voluntary and charitable organisations and health improvement posts.
- Research: Approaches, Methods and skills
- Public Health: Concepts, Theories and Frameworks
- Managing health improvement through social marketing
- Public health intelligence and epidemiology: informing policy and strategy
- Leadership and Collaborative Working in Public Health and Healthcare
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students are advised to apply early to secure your place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 926 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in a subject related to health or health sciences, or work experience at a senior level in public health/healthcare and evidence of a clear commitment to a career in public health. Other subject qualifications, equivalent professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- English proficiency
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.