At Electrical Power Engineering from Northumbria University you will develop cross-discipline skills through multidisciplinary group work and an individual dissertation. You will learn essential skills such as information research, project planning and management, cost analysis, and budgeting. You will be actively involved within the Faculty Research Seminars, where you can broaden awareness and views across different research areas.
CareersBy the end of this course you’ll be in an excellent position to start or continue a career in electrical power engineering and/or the renewable energy industry. Roles could include designing, developing and maintaining electrical control systems and components.
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- Photovoltaic System Technology
- Engineering Research and Project Management
- Renewable Energy Technologies for Electricity Supply
- Power Electronics and Drive Systems
- Smart Grids
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
National students are advised to apply early to secure your place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 165 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Electrical Power. Other subject qualifications, equivalent professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- English Proficiency
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 18 months.
National9075 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9075 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.