The main goal of the CFT track is to cultivate world-class, qualified couple and family therapists who are equipped with professional knowledge and practical skills to make significant contributions to scientific research in this field, and leverage from research findings in their clinical applications.
The OzU Couple and Family Therapy (CFT) Track is centered on the following:
- Theoretical Foundations in Couple and Family Therapy
- Clinical Skills and Experience
- Professional Ethics
The Master of Psychology (Thesis) program from Ozyegin University draws from theories and research with a systematic approach to couple and family therapy to vest students with definitive, descriptive, and intervention skills pertaining to individual and family psychology and its functioning. Students learn the life cycle phases of couple and family systems as they gain an understanding of the external systems, which involve individuals and families, including their interactions and internal dynamics, and eventually apply these dynamics in a therapeutic setting with a systematic approach.
Applied Developmental Psychology (ADP) Track
The Applied Developmental Psychology track of the OzU Master of Psychology Program draws from theories and research on developmental psychology to vest students with definitive, descriptive, protective-preventive, and interventional skills pertaining to human development. The ADP track places a high emphasis on the following three pillars:
- Applied: Direct inferences about what individuals, families, and legislators will do
- Developmental: Systematic changes (typical/atypical) that occur in an individual’s life span
- Scientific: Basing the research methods employed for the verification and validation of a theory or a practice on scientific methods used for collecting reliable and objective data in a systemic manner.
Students who successfully complete their master of psychology program with a specialization in Couple and Family Therapy (CFT) can work in clinics as couple and family therapists, while students who graduate from the thesis program can go on to pursue their doctoral studies.
The Applied Developmental Psychology track covers field experiences aimed at helping students develop an in-depth understanding of the developmental process and its dynamics, and hone students’ practical skills for developmental support. The track also offers opportunities to take part in assessments and applications.
- General Psychology
- Statistics for Psychology
- Behavioral Biology
- Psychology of Learning
- Equivalence: Turkish citizens who studied abroad must submit a duly certified copy of the Certificate of Equivalence issued by the Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK). (Prospective students whose Certificate of Equivalence has not been issued yet may attach their Certificate of Recognition). Students are responsible for submitting their Certificates of Equivalence to the University as soon as they are issued.
- Transcripts issued by all higher education institutions the applicant has so far attended or graduated from, showing all of the courses taken and grades achieved at the respective institutions.
- A copy of the exam score report for graduate studies listed in the application requirements.
- At least two letters of reference. Letters of reference must be obtained preferably from the prospective student’s professors and/or previous/current employer.
- Letter written by the prospective student to explain his/her personal or professional goals.
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 24 months.
National5823 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5823 USD per year during 24 months.
National students: 86400 Turkish Lira
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.