You are taught utilising a combination of distance learning and short designated on-site learning opportunities. This is complemented by practice learning in a range of midwifery settings whilst studying towards a Masters level qualification.
Our curriculum allows you to understand, cope with and value your transformative journey within an appreciative and supportive community in both practice and university settings. You are, therefore, prepared to emerge as midwives capable of providing physical, psychological, social, cultural and spiritually safe care for women, babies and their families during a significant life event.
- Designated, flexible online distance learning theory weeks and specific onsite learning and consolidation periods during the programme to enhance learning and skill development as part of a blended learning programme
- This Midwifery programme at the University of Worcester has been developed in partnership with students, service users, practice partners, academic support teams and members of the midwifery teaching team
- Opportunity to complete a newborn physical assessment module within the programme
- Universal Care and Skills – Women and Family
- Midwifery Philosophy and Public Health
- Developing Midwifery Practice
- Negotiated Module: Midwifery
- Additional Care and Skills Women and Families
- Systematic Physical Examination of the Newborn
- Dissertation: Quality improvement Project
- Consolidating Midwifery Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 945 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- To be eligible for the Midwifery MSc (shortened) programme, applicants must hold a First degree at 2.2 or above and must already be a Registered Nurse with at least 12 months experience working as an adult nurse in an appropriate setting.
- You must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English language and have the capability to develop literacy, numeracy, digital and technological skills required to meet the programme outcomes.
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.