Materials Science and Engineering from California State University Los Angeles prepares graduate students for industrial positions in related fields as well as for further study at the doctoral level.
Students at Materials Science and Engineering from California State University Los Angeles will:
- Critically examine the power and limitations of quantitative and/or qualitative evidence in the evaluation, construction, and communication of arguments in the field of study.
- Demonstrate communicative fluency appropriate to the field of study. Communicative fluency can include multiple expressive modes.
- Articulate how advancing knowledge or practice in their field of study contributes to the public good.
- Engineering of Materials
- Chemistry and Physics of Materials
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Electronic and Magnetic Properties of Materials
- Materials Characterization
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 339 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or natural sciences with a minimum 2.75 GPA is required.
- A promising applicant with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.74 may be admitted as a special action student. Special action students must achieve an overall GPA of 3.0 for three qualifying courses (9 units) as approved in advance by the program director.
- Students with other BS degrees or from non-ABET accredited programs may be admitted with conditions.
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.