At Applied Strength and Conditioning Science from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London, you'll gain the practical and scientific skills necessary to deliver safe, informed, and effective support for athletes.
Many sports science, coaching or rehabilitation graduates develop an interest in strength and conditioning and the training processes of athletes. Despite that, they may lack the technical or scientific knowledge required to deliver this effectively.
You'll be taught by experienced coaches and scientists who coach (or have coached) across a variety of levels and sports. includes rugby, football, golf, cricket, and Olympic and Paralympic programmes. All teaching staff on the programme develop their work within the industry into research that then informs how coaching of their sport is delivered.
Students at Applied Strength and Conditioning Science from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London will:
- benefit excellent industry links, providing opportunity for placement and vocational experience
- develop an extensive understanding of strength and conditioning theory and its real-world application.
- Coaching Skills for Strength and Conditioning
- Applying Strength and Conditioning in Industry
- Testing, Programming, and Monitoring for Strength and Conditioning
- Advanced Statistics
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 188 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 degree (or equivalent) in sport science, exercise science, health science, physical education, sport rehabilitation, physiotherapy or a related field.
- Applications may be considered from students without an undergraduate degree (or in a different discipline) if they can demonstrate significant professional experience in a related sector (such as personal training or military training). These applications will be considered by the Programme Director.
International14550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14550 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.