This 16-month online Global Mental Health and Wellbeing from University of Essex Online is designed for everyone from HR managers to healthcare professionals, to ensure the right mental health support is available in the workplace. You’ll gain a broad introduction to mental health and wellbeing on a global scale, while studying policies and ethics relevant to the field.
You’ll explore a fascinating range of topics, including:
- social and cultural aspects which impact global mental health
- epidemiology from public health and global mental health perspectives
- the design and delivery of policies in line with international guidelines
And upon completion of your Postgraduate Diploma (awarded at 120 credits), you can progress to study for the full MSc Global Mental Health and Wellbeing (180 credits).
Why we’re great
- You’ll be assessed through a variety of methods, including peer presentations, discussion forums and written essays.
- You’ll be able to take a more clinical or holistic pathway, or a combination of both, with a range of optional modules to tailor your learning to your interests.
- Each module incorporates critical thinking and practical tasks to help develop essential skills for the workplace.
All our Global Mental Health and Wellbeing courses are designed with a specific focus on employability. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and experience required to pursue a career as a Mentor, Coach, Manager, Mental Health Lead or Wellbeing Adviser. With further training you could also become a Specialist Nurse, Specialist Mental Health Practitioner or Health Service Manager.
Additionally, you may wish to further your studies with our MSc Global Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Global Policy and Ethics in Mental Health
- Research Methods
- Contemporary Issues in Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Advanced Practice in Healthcare
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 139 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Dip Global Mental Health and Wellbeing, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
- at least three years’ relevant work experience within a mental health/health and social care field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3945 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3945 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.