This conversion Artificial Intelligence programme from University of Essex Online is designed for students without academic or professional experience in computer science, who are looking to gain the technical knowledge and skills to succeed in a field suffering from a significant skills shortage.
Your study journey begins with an overview module that will provide you with a background understanding of the theoretical concepts in the discipline. Next up, you will cover core mathematical and statistical methods and their real-world applications within this domain. Later in the course, you will study a range of specialist topics including:
- machine learning and the application of algorithms to learn patterns in data and gain value from it
- the core concepts and techniques used in representing knowledge and supporting reasoning for building effective AI programmes
- how intelligent agents can be used to provide innovative problem-solving tools in any industry
Artificial intelligence is a vital part of the ‘Industry 4.0’ vision and will play a vital role in the future growth of many sectors, including IT, healthcare, governance and technology. However, there is a significant skills shortage in trained AI professionals. This course is designed to help you switch careers to this technical field, and after completing your studies you will be prepared to succeed in roles such as Machine Learning Engineer, AI Engineer, AI Architect, Business Intelligence Lead, AI Analyst, AI Researcher and many more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Artificial Intelligence
- Numerical Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Intelligent Agents
- Research Methods and Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Artificial Intelligence View 35 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Dip Artificial Intelligence, as a minimum you must have an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification.
- In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Dip Artificial Intelligence, you must have at least three years’ relevant work experience in IT or computer science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
National5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.