Education, International Development and Social Justice from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London prepares you for careers in international development, humanitarian assistance, research and consultancy with Government, NGOs, bilateral and multilateral organisations, research institutions and charities.
This degree is particularly suitable for people who are passionate about education and making a difference yet who do not necessarily want to become teachers.
The MA Education, International Development and Social Justice explores the sociology and political economy of education and learning within development, humanitarian and transnational contexts globally.
Students at Education, International Development and Social Justice from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London will:
- benefit from guest lectures, seminars and workshops capitalising on our links to development and humanitarian organisations and charities
- benefit from unrivalled networking opportunities through our internationally diverse community of students and academics
- Education, Emergencies and Refugees
- Gender, Education and International Development
- Issues in Education and International Development
- Work-Based Research
- Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking: Policing, Policy and Practice
- Human Rights and Migration
- International Non-Governmental Organisations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation International Relations Entrepreneurship View 752 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- 2:2 undergraduate degree in any education or social sciences subject (such as sociology, economics, politics or development studies).
- Students who do not possess a first degree may be admitted provided that the Course Lead is satisfied with the student's fitness to pursue the programme by virtue of professional or other relevant qualifications and/or experience (e.g. professional experience working for an international NGO, etc.)
International14550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14550 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8490 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.