About Languages, Literature, Culture and Communications at University of Limerick
If you enjoyed researching and writing your final year project / graduate thesis or your MA dissertation, then you might enjoy carrying out a more in-depth piece of research at MA (by research).
FAHSS research students are part of a lively community; every student has his/her own research space with individual PC and desk;
Our MA graduates are employed in a wide range of sectors: education, media and publishing, research and consultancy, civil and public service, business, non-governmental sector, creative arts and media, and politics and local government.
- A Master’s degree by thesis involves in-depth research on a topic leading to a thesis of 60,000 words over the course of one to two years.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Communication Studies Literature View 8 other Masters in Communication Studies in Ireland
- Applicants will normally be expected to hold an Honours degree (minimum 2.1) or equivalent in a discipline appropriate to their area of proposed research.
International11700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5250 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Reseach Methodologies and Statistics
- Interview Skills and Career Planning
- Bibliographical Management
- Academic Writing
- Research Networking
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.