Master of Science in Dementia Care at University of the West of Scotland has been designed to meet the needs of health and social care professionals and also professionals who are working for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises.
It aims to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence of all its participants to lead, plan and deliver person-focussed care to people living with dementia particularly in relation to their changing care priorities as dementia advances.
Our aim is to provide an enjoyable and intellectually stimulating course of study that will prepare you for a successful career as a healthcare specialist committed to working with older people and caring for people with dementia in a variety of health and social care settings.
- Contemporary advanced dementia care
- Complexities of Pain
- Delivering Compassionate Care
- Rights, risks & ethics in advanced dementia
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International- The latest we can process your application is 6 weeks before the course start date.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 452 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally, you are expected to hold an Ordinary bachelor's degree in a relevant subject.
- Applications are welcomed from graduates from all relevant disciplines with experience and/or an interest in older people and their health and social care provision.
- Applicants who have completed the UWS Graduate Certificate in Working with Older People will also be considered on an individual basis.
- Students who have already gained credit at Level 11 may transfer this in certain circumstances; this will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants may be considered through assessment of prior learning and prior experiential learning, again, on an individual basis.
International2070 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2070 GBP per module during 36 months.
National1610 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1610 GBP per module during 36 months.
For Scottish students, cost of study per module is 1,000£.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.