About Educational Leadership (International) at University of Limerick
The programme builds on the student’s experience of international educational systems and enhances their professional and leadership skills, whilst providing a supportive learning environment. The programme will also yield a global supportive network upon which participants can draw in order to excel as future educational leaders.
The Masters of Education in Educational Leadership presents a unique opportunity for education providers and organisations to develop leadership and change capacity in an era of significant challenge and change. Who should do this course? Teachers who have worked in international settings who are seeking to update their knowledge and understanding of education policy and practice Teachers who may seek promotion opportunities at middle or senior management levels.
This course provides teachers with the knowledge, skills and competencies to support their career progression towards Assistant Principal, Deputy Principal and Principal posts.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Leadership of Learning and Teaching for Transformation
- Approaches to Educational Leadership for the 21st Century
- Leading Schools: Culture and Globalisation
- Leading Educational Change: Policy, People, Practice
- Sustainable Leadership: Dynamics, Resources, Resilience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesEducational Leadership View 12 other Masters in Educational Leadership in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Limerick and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An honours primary degree (2.2) in a relevant or appropriate subject and a teaching qualification recognised by the University of Limerick or suitable equivalent. A minimum of two years relevant educational experience is required (primary, post-primary, further, higher education or other).
- English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
- English language competency certificate
International11021 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11021 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4792 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4792 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.