The Applied Sport Science program at Deakin University prepares you to lead and manage high performance teams. Combine training in advanced sport science, performance analysis and strength and conditioning, and benefit from professional development opportunities that take your career forward.
The course prepares you for career growth in the sports science industry. Graduate with a sought-after combination of sports science and managerial skills that set you up for success in roles such as:
- high performance manager
- sports scientist
- strength and conditioning coach
- rehabilitation coach
- sports performance analyst
Looking to become an Accredited Sports Scientist? This course may enable you to meet the study requirements to become a Level 1 or Level 2 Accredited Sports Scientist. Other requirements, such as work experience, may apply. Visit the Exercise & Sports Science Australia website for more details on gaining accreditation.
Accredited Sports Scientists are becoming more and more highly sought after by national and local sporting organisations across the country, with many organisations now choosing to exclusively hire sports scientists with a minimum level 1 accreditation as an Accredited Sports Scientist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exercise and Sport Laboratory Safety
- Athlete Development and Performance Management
- Evidence Based Practice for Sport Science
- Strength and Conditioning for High Performing Athletes
- Notational Analysis of Sport Performance
- Time and Motion Analysis of Sport Performance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSports Management Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 203 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a related discipline
- Bachelor Degree or higher in any discipline AND two years relevant work experience
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements
- Principles underlying the field of sport science, research, anatomy and physiology, biomechanics, and exercise prescription are all applied throughout the Master of Applied Sport Science. Students without a comprehensive background in each of these fields are unlikely to achieve all of the course’s learning outcomes
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 AUD per year during 18 months.
National22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.