About Composition and Creative Music Practice at University of Limerick
A one-year, full-time postgraduate programme, the MA Composition and Creative Music Practice is designed to develop individual artistic practice and facilitate collaborative exploration of cross-genre, cross-arts and cross-cultural creativity. Students create acoustic and/or electronic music through an inclusive range of composition, improvisation and performance practices. The programme welcomes students from all music traditions (traditional, folk, popular, world, classical) and sound art practices, working with and/or without music notation.
The MA Composition and Creative Music Practice is:
- Ideal for creative musicians who wish to work within a particular tradition and/or at the intersections of Irish traditional music, classical music, ‘new’ and experimental music, popular music and world musics
- Progressive and interdisciplinary in its approach to creativity, supporting cross-arts exploration, collaboration and inventiveness
- Designed to develop the complementary creative music practices of composition, performance and improvisation
- Committed to developing oral/aural creative processes and/or score-based practices towards the creation of acoustic and/or electro-acoustic music
- Inclusive of diverse, local and global music traditions and practices
Graduates emerge with unique artistic profiles to pursue diverse careers as composers, sound artists, improvisers, performers, educators and arts-practice scholars.
- Professional Development for the Performing Arts
- Composing Traditions Seminar
- Creating for the Voice
- Performance Practice
- Real-time Audio and Video
- Primary degree in a suitable discipline with first or second class honours or an approved equivalent qualification (Primary degree: Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). Or an equivalent capability based on prior professional experience.
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
- English language competency certificate
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
International15800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6200 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.