About The Nursing (Respiratory Care) at University of Limerick
To achieve the goal of preparing practitioners for the challenges of such a field, programme content focuses on providing practitioners with the theoretical underpinnings, clinical exposure and competence for the development of knowledge and skills in areas of assessment and therapeutic interventions for persons with a respiratory condition.
On successful completion of the programme students will be able to:
- Critically explore current advanced assessment strategies used in respiratory nursing practice.
- Critically examine best practice in meeting the respiratory care needs of patients and their families.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of therapeutic interventions used in the treatment and management of respiratory conditions.
- Apply critical thinking skills and ethical decision making required for advancing practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written, verbal, and digital communication skills, at individual and collaborative levels.
Programme content focuses on providing practitioners with the theoretical underpinnings, clinical exposure and competence for the development of knowledge and skills in areas of assessment and therapeutic interventions for persons with a respiratory condition.
This programme focuses on nursing across the lifespan with respiratory related health conditions and provides nurses with the theoretical underpinning and clinical experience for the development of contemporary nursing skills in the assessment and management of patients with a range of respiratory related health problems.
- Health Research Methods - Methodology
- Advanced Assessment in respiratory Nursing
- Clinical Practicum
- Promoting Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- Therapeutic Interventions in Respiratory Nursing
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Administration View 52 other Masters in Health Administration in Ireland
- A registered nurse on the current register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Be engaged in practice as a registered nurse for at least one year
- Students would normally possess a primary degree( Minimum 2.2) or show evidence of recognized prior learning (RPL) as outlined in the ( RPL) policy of the University and Department of Nursing and Midwifery
- Full degree transcript and certificates/awards
- Copy of current Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland registration certificate
- Copy of birth certificate/passport
- English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
- English language competency certificate
International15403 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15403 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5444 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5444 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.