About the course
In the first instance, applicants in the Pharmacology programme at the University of Oxford are strongly advised to visit the department's website to identify potential supervisors based on their research area of interest. Selecting the correct research project is a hugely important first step, so it is recommended that you contact potential supervisors directly to discuss possibilities before you apply online for a place on the course.
You will be admitted directly to a particular research area led by departmental members who will be appointed MSc by Research supervisors. Students who have been admitted to a particular research supervisor will not normally do laboratory rotations. You will be based in a research lab and undertake research on a subject agreed with your supervisor.
- There are no taught courses examined by written papers, but you will have access to a wide range of lecture courses at a taught master’s level and foundation or preliminary level, as appropriate. If you have changed fields, this will enable you to fill in gaps in your background knowledge.
- There is also a wide range of courses and workshops you will be able to attend to acquire skills that will be necessary for the pursuance and presentation of your research, as well as your professional development as a research scientist.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications may remain open after this deadline if places are still available
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Pharmacology View 226 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Oxford and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
As a minimum, applicants should hold or be predicted to achieve the equivalent of the following UK qualifications:
- a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours in a biological or chemical science, but applications from high calibre candidates with mathematical and physical science backgrounds are welcomed.
For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.5 out of 4.0.
The department does not seek Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or GMAT scores.
Research or work experience in your research area may be an advantage. Evidence of your employer's support is required, if applicable to your circumstances.
Previous publications are not a condition but would advantage an application.
It would be expected that graduate applicants would be familiar with the recent published work of their proposed supervisor.
International29700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8960 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.