The contemporary and evidence-based nature of the programme structure reflects current workforce development needs and training requirements within Mammography and Advanced Breast Practice.
Training to become a Mammographer and work within the National Health Service Breast Screening Programme? Our dedicated and highly experienced teaching team at St George's National Breast Education Centre have been supporting students achieve this goal for many years and are dedicated to the continuing development of the profession and the skills you require to work and succeed for your patients and clients within the service.
Training to become a Consultant Mammographer or access advanced practice training to meet your own professional aims or the needs of your department? Take advantage of the expertise and training resources available through our teaching partners at the Jarvis Breast Screening Centre and work towards a full MSc or select individual modules to support your current needs.
- Flexible structure of the Advanced Breast Practice programme from St George's, University of London allows you to tailor your studies to your workforce and professional requirements.
- Opportunity to train at our highly renowned clinical partner training centres, including St George’s National Breast Education Centre (The Rose Centre) and the Jarvis Breast Screening Centre - In Health.
- Access to specialist expertise in advanced breast practice, breast imaging and practice education.
- Teaching input from qualified NHS clinical staff.
- Our programme and modules have been developed in conjunction with our links to the healthcare sector and with significant reflection of the requirements of the NHS Breast Screening Programme and symptomatic breast care services, ensuring that current and future workforce demands are met by your studies. The flexible mode of delivery facilitates a balance of practice and study.
- A Blended teaching style allows for the utilisation of distance learning alongside any mandatory clinical skills, thus better supporting your work needs and time restrictions.
- Advanced Principles and Practice of Breast Interventional Techniques
- Clinical Breast Examination and Client Communication
- Interpretation and Reporting in Mammography
- Ultrasound of the Breast
- Practice Education and Mentorship
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must hold a degree in a relevant healthcare field.
- You will be asked to outline the reasons for applying for the course in a brief personal statement on the application form.
- You will also need to provide a satisfactory employment reference and confirm your access to ongoing appropriate mentorship and clinical access.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.