The Nursing Accelerated (Online) program from Drexel University emphasizes the development of competencies related to the use of technology, evidence-based practice, customization of care, health team and interdisciplinary leadership, and outcome and risk assessment within the selected specialty track.
Second degree registered nurses (RNs) who wish to pursue a BSN in an accelerated time frame may take 15 quarter credits at the BSN level and then directly matriculate into one of the MSN Advanced Role programs. To get started, complete the admission process to the MSN program of your choice and seek initial advisement from that program's academic advisor.
Upon graduation you will be able to:
- Take on leadership roles in a variety of healthcare settings
- Practice within a legal and ethical framework of healthcare delivery
- Demonstrate critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills in clinical decision-making
- Integrate technologies and relevant theories into the organization and synthesis of health data required to develop plans of care for patients, families, and communities
- Demonstrate leadership through involvement in the development of outcome-based standards of care and practice-based health policy issues
- Evaluate and modify the quality and effectiveness of clinical practice based on current research findings, standards of care, and patient outcomes
- Contribute to the advancement of nursing, healthcare, and humanity through communication, collaboration, and education
- Critical Issues in Nursing
- Genetics and Genomics: Application to Nursing Practice
- Population Health: Local and Global
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 516 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- While specific clinical work and/or volunteer experience is not required, it may make your application more competitive.
International12930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
National12930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.