Perfect for career changers and current educators who do not have a formal teacher certification, this program provides a thorough and highly specialized look at middle level education.
The mix of online classes and in-person field and student teaching experiences is designed to help you feel comfortable in your classroom from day one.The Teaching Certificate - Middle Level (Online) from Drexel University prepares you to become an educator for grades 4-8 in one of the following subject areas:
- Social Studies
The curriculum mixes foundational pedagogy classes with courses that focus on teaching your specific subject area. Sample courses include "Teaching the Middle School Child" and "Evaluation of Instruction."
The curriculum also covers topics like using culturally responsive pedagogy for diverse classrooms, making decisions based on the Pennsylvania Professional Code of Conduct, and creating an optimal learning environment for middle level students.
- Prepares you for Pennsylvania Instructional I Certification—through Interstate Reciprocity Agreements, you can become certified to teach in almost any state in the nation
- Drexel’s teacher education programs are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Classes are completely online—the only face-to-face requirements are the various field experiences and student teaching
- Drexel’s field placement office works with you to secure appropriate school placements, no matter where you’re based
- Credits earned in this program may be applied toward the MS in Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
- The Inclusive Classroom
- Literacy and Content Skill Development PK-12
- Design for Learning with Digital Media
- Teaching the Middle School Child
- Professional Studies in Instruction (Middle)
- Evaluation of Instruction
- Field Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 168 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Students pursuing teacher certification must meet the PA State content course requirements for their specific area of certification. Content course reviews are conducted at time of application. Coursework missing from a student's undergraduate background or below the minimum 3.0 GPA cumulative average may be taken concurrently with the graduate program.
International34551 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1047 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34551 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1047 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.