This professional and industry oriented Data Science program from the University of Newcastle will enable you to apply your theoretical statistical and computational knowledge to better understand and explore data using applied problem solving and computer practice.
Possible career opportunities include:
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Data Manager
- Business Analyst
- Data and Insights Expert
- Data Analyst and Scientist
- Information Security Analyst
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Specialist
- Big Data Specialist
- Databases and Information Management
- Data Wrangling and Visualisation
- Big Data
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Analytics for Business Intelligence
- 18 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data Health Informatics View 46 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Newcastle and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS Provider 00109J
- Students with a three year, Bachelor degree (AQF level 7) or higher in a different discipline area (also called non-cognate discipline) to data science and their chosen specialisation are eligible to undertake the 120 unit program which can be completed in 2 years full time (commencing Semester 1), 1.5 years full time (commencing Semester 2) or up to 5 years part time.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree (AQF level 7) or higher in a non-cognate discipline who also hold a minimum of five years demonstrable Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) in an area related to data science and/or their chosen specialisation (also called cognate discipline) may be eligible to study between 80 and 120 units, inclusive.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree (AQF level 7) or Bachelor (Honours) (AQF 8) in a cognate discipline to data science and/or their specialisation may be eligible to study between 80 and 120 units, inclusive.
International39455 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39455 AUD per year during 18 months.
National25774 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25774 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.