Using first-rate facilities you will collaborate in an interdisciplinary learning environment to transform your ideas and passions into a commercial product and learn how to expose your product to the marketplace. You will graduate with the ability to understand what industry and communities require to drive social and cultural change.
The Creative Industries program at University of Newcastle offers you limitless possibilities and potential to further explore concepts in your chosen practice. Our coursework will enable you to translate your passion into innovative solutions and pave careers in some of the following creative industries:
- advertising and marketing
- architecture and interior design
- audio visual design
- communication and media studies
- creative arts
- creative writing and publishing
- digital content and software
- drama and theatre studies
- fine arts
- graphic arts and design studies
- graphic and design studies
- graphic and electronic design
- language and literature
- music and performing arts
- television, print and radio production
- visual arts, film and cinematics
As the program offers you the freedom to explore and create, balanced with support and theoretical structure, you will graduate with the ability to apply your creativity in real-world settings and position yourself at the forefront of the creative industry.
- Innovation Lab 1 - Thinking It Through
- Innovation Lab 2 - Making it Happen
- Innovation Lab 3 - Making it Known
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Digital Video
- Design for Digital Media
- 18 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date. Late applications may be considered for next available intake.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Communication Studies View 51 other Masters in Visual Arts in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Newcastle and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 096166F
- The Master of Creative Industries is an 80 or 120 unit postgraduate qualification.
- For admission into the 80-unit program, applicants must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:
- Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma; or
- Bachelor Honours Degree; or
- Bachelor Degree in a related field plus one year’s relevant work experience; or
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma plus five years' relevant work experience.
- For admission into the 120-unit program, applicants must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:
- Bachelor Degree in a related field; or
- At least seven years’ relevant work experience.
- Related fields and relevant work experience includes advertising design, architecture, design, electronic games, fashion, film, music, performing arts, publishing, radio, television, visual arts, or equivalent.
Work experience can be identified through: certified copies of all relevant qualifications, a detailed CV, and a statement of service or signed letters from employers confirming your role, duties and period of employment.
International39030 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39030 AUD per year during 18 months.
National24080 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24080 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.