Subject area expertise gained from your undergraduate degree coupled with this teaching qualification will enable you to gain employment in a range of sectors and school types, including public, private and Catholic schools in Australia and overseas.
This Master of Teaching (F-12) program at The University of Western Australia is delivered in blended mode, combining online study with short periods of intensive face-to-face learning in beautiful Albany in WA’s southwest. You can pursue this course from anywhere in Australia and undertake your professional practice placements close to home. You’ll learn from highly experienced educators at a World Top 100 University for Education and Training (QS 2020).
As a graduate of this course, you will be trained to teach from Foundation to Year 12. This offers maximum flexibility for a career in teaching. Graduates could teach in the public, private or Catholic school sectors, in Australia or overseas (depending on other countries’ requirements).
- National Literacy and Numeracy Test
- Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA)
- Perspectives in Aboriginal Education
- Integrated Studies: The Humanities and Social Sciences
- Teaching Mathematics in the Early Years
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
- must have at least one major study relevant to secondary teaching curriculum areas offered by the University and reflecting the national program standard for teaching. A major is defined as at least 6 semester units of study in a discipline with at least two of those units studied at second year university level and two at third year university level. A minor study is at least 4 semester units in a discipline with a least two units at second year university level;
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 per cent.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.