This Arts and Engagement course at Munster Technological University builds on a number of existing Special Purpose Awards all centred on learning through expressive meaning-making: Arts-based facilitation training, creativity and change-making and art therapy. These programmes educate through and activate different modes of communication, promote learning through experiential and reflective practice, and engage with other perspectives and diverse intelligences.
- Arts in Health programmes
- Outreach Education programmes
- Artist Engaged in Community Issues
- Professional Artist
- Gallery/Museum Education
- Youth work
- Community Education
- Second Chance Learning
- Community Development Officer
- Art Therapy Theory
- Research Methods in the Arts
- Material Metaphor Engagement
- Art Therapy Experiential
- Arts & Wellbeing Theory
- Thematic Creative Engagement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 21 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An Honours degree, or equivalent, in Visual Art/Theatre/Music or a relevant area, with a minimum of an Honours 2.2 (or equivalent) are eligible to apply for the programme. Where graduate qualifications are not in the Visual Arts, for example, Community Development, Social Work or Teaching, evidence of a developing body of current and recent art work is essential
- In certain circumstances mature applicants with professional experience will be considered for eligibility through recognition of prior and experiential learning.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.