The Master’s degree programme in Data and Computer Science from Heidelberg University enables students to further their knowledge of the concepts, models and technologies which they will have come across in the Bachelor’s degree programme in Computer Science. As well as furthering their general subject knowledge and understanding of their specialisms, students also gain additional academic skills.
The Master’s degree programme is characterised by its flexibility as students select a specialism, enabling them to further their knowledge in a specific area such as Information Systems Engineering or Computing Engineering. Specialisation is also possible in regards methods and processes for analysis, modelling, and simulations in the context of complex and distributed systems.
Graduates of the programme will demonstrate the following:
- They will be able to independently plan, design and evaluate comprehensive computing systems and software projects in line with predefined technical and economic requirements.
- Graduates possess advanced knowledge in one or more areas of specialisation such as data analysis, requirements engineering, distributed systems, or information systems. They are able to apply this knowledge in practice during the design and development of computing systems.
- Graduates are able to break complex information systems down into abstract components (software and hardware) and propose, evaluate, plan and instigate implementation options in view of requirements.
- Graduates are able to work independently to master new technologies within the field of computer science and related fields. They can apply this knowledge in projects, communicate specialist information and develop specialist knowledge.
- Image Processing
- Computer Graphics and Visualisation
- Database Systems
- Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Computer Sciences View 96 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement
- Proof of language proficiency
- Certificate of the undergraduate degree programme
- Certificate of enrolment from the most-recently attended university
- Students applying for a transfer or change of institution from a non-German university must also submit: a certificate of transferable grades from the relevant subject area
- Proof of sufficient financing for completion of the course of study. This does not apply for applications from EU/EEA member states and applicants with a German university entrance qualification
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- EU/EEA- Fees and contributions: 171.80 € / Semester
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.