Key Facts about the Master of Public Health at University of Huddersfield
This specialist course was designed in response to the demands presented by international and UK government policy and practice, public health and health promotion. It is aimed at both UK and international students and provides a truly global public health perspective. It will be of particular interest to those individuals and professionals who aspire to become leaders in and influence the public health agenda in the UK and overseas.
- You will study alongside a diverse range of students from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds from the UK and overseas, bringing a richness to the course which will enhance your learning.
- A range of innovative assessment approaches will be used which have been designed to prepare you to work in leadership roles within the public health field, using evidence-based practice.
- You will be taught by a team of passionate academics who have a wealth of skills, expertise and professional credibility related to contemporary public health both in the UK and overseas. The course benefits from regular speakers from local and central UK government agencies such as Public Health England and the Department of Health.
- Additional support will be provided for the enhancement of academic and curriculum skills such as academic writing skills, presentation skills and personal journal development.
Not only do future Public Health professionals graduate from this course, but it also provides a clear platform for those wishing to commence doctoral studies. Upon successful completion of this course you could undertake work experience within Public Health through the Master of Public Health (Advanced Practitioner) route.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Statistics for Public Health
- Principles of Public Health
- Health Promotion and Health Improvement
- Communicable Disease
- Global Public Health
- Humanitarian; Disasters & Emergencies: Response and Recovery
- Public Health Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1043 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent in a subject relevant to public health, such as health professional qualifications, social science subjects, applied sciences, business, leadership, management or administration. Applicants with an honours degree at 2:2 may be considered where the applicant has at least 1 year public health working experience, such as health education, health promotion and improvement, clinical health experience, government or non-governmental organisations, policy development and other health-related fields.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- the part-time tuition fee for UK postgraduate students on this course will be £660 (Band 2) per 15 credit module and £1,320 (Band 2) per 30 credit module.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.