The programme offers students the opportunity to evaluate and challenge existing practice, develop and undertake clinical research and learn about new and emerging treatment options. Students will develop clinical skills and understanding of evidence-based practice in their field of specialisation through the completion of taught modules and a compulsory clinical placement module.
At the university, the taught modules will include sessions led by university staff and a variety of external clinical experts. On clinical placement, students will benefit from the clinical mentorship of recognised experts in physiotherapy.
Recent graduates have pursued careers in academia, research, management or furthered their clinical practice. Several students have used the Advanced Physiotherapy - Musculoskeletal programme at University College London (UCL) as a springboard for gaining funding to undertake PhDs at a range of high-ranking London universities. Graduates have also secured senior positions, such as team leads and clinical specialist posts within major London hospitals.
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination
- Research Project
- Applied Statistics for Health Research
- Clinical Education in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Upper Quadrant: Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Assessment and Management
- Lower Quadrant: Advanced Physiotherapy Musculoskeletal Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 1762 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College London (UCL) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in Physiotherapy; or an approved Diploma in Physiotherapy together with evidence of appropriate clinical and/or teaching experience and a commitment to continuing professional development.
- We expect students to have had at least two years post-qualification clinical experience.
- UK state-registration (with The Health Care and Professions Council) and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy membership is needed to undertake the Clinical Education (clinical placements) Module.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.