The Graduate Diploma in Design, Media and Screen (online) is a 30 week, year-long course that supports graduates to be better prepared for postgraduate study.
Building on your existing technical/professional skillset, you’ll evolve your independent learning skills. You’ll be supported to develop effective methodologies and strategies for communication and thinking, and become familiar with ways of working at postgraduate level.
Course delivery is characterised by cross-disciplinary collaborative practice and research. An integrated approach to theory and practice within an ‘online community studio’ will provide opportunities for you to establish and share your theoretical references with other students from a diverse range of educational, social, and cultural backgrounds.
This will also enable you to critically understand your practice within Design, Media, and Screen.You’ll follow 1 of 3 pathways to support your progression towards specialist Master‘s-level study:
- Communication Design covers areas such as data, branding, art direction, illustration, advertising, photography and graphic design.
- Extended Reality is a term which refers to real-and-virtual combined environments, and human-machine interactions generated by computer technology and wearables. This pathway covers areas such as augmented and virtual reality (VR), user experience, interaction and games design, and time-based media.
- Media covers areas such as journalism, media cultures/communications, advertising, public relations and publishing.
The course is designed to enable you to construct and explore project ideas, to conceptualise, and to articulate aspirations for projects that can either support your progression to Master’s-level study, or help you ‘upskill’ for a career transition or progression into employment.
- Research and Practice
- Engaging with Practice
- Project Development
- Critical Contextualisation
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The deadline has passed. However, this course will remain open until places have been filled. We recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 26 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The course team welcomes applicants from a broad range of backgrounds, from all over the world. Graduate Diploma in Design, Media and Screen attracts applicants from a variety of diverse backgrounds. Applicants will normally have a first degree or its equivalent. We welcome applications from non-traditional backgrounds and in particular mature students. Your suitability for the course is assessed through our selection criteria.
An educational level may be demonstrated by:
- Honours degreefrom a relevant discipline;
- Possession of equivalent qualifications;
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required;
- Or a combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning which, taken together, can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
Applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered in exceptional cases. The course team will consider each application that demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by:
- Related academic or work experience
- The quality of the personal statement
- A strong academic or other professional reference
- OR a combination of these factors
Each application will be considered on its own merit, but we cannot guarantee an offer in each case.
International18890 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18890 GBP per year during 8 months.
National9240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9240 GBP per year during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.