About the End of Life Care course at University of Huddersfield
It provides you with the opportunity to consolidate and enhance your knowledge and understanding of effective palliative and end of life care.
- The course is aligned with the End of Life Core Skills Education and Training Framework (NHS England)
- It has been developed in partnership with Kirkwood hospice.
- Learning will be focussed upon enhancing your knowledge, skills and the essential attributes required to drive high quality care for individuals with palliative care needs, whilst also encompassing the care and support of families and those important to them in a variety of health and social care settings.
Throughout your studies emphasis will be placed upon the holistic assessment of the individual and the development of management plans from which optimum end of life care can be delivered. Legal and ethical requirements will also be examined within the context of end of life care and their implications for practice.
The course will help to prepare you to provide competent compassionate care to people with life limiting illnesses and at the end of life in preparation for specialist roles in palliative and end of life care.
- End of Life Care
- Personal and Practice Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1022 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You must be a Health or Social Care Practitioner, registered with a professional body such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) with at least 12 months post-registration employment.
- Have an honours degree at 2:2 or above, have studied at honours level or can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at honours degree standard. We will consider other qualifications and experience on an individual case basis.
National660 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 GBP per module during 12 months.
Tuition for national students:
- £660 per 15 credit module.
- £1,320 per 30 credit module.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.