Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology (MSc) offered by the University of Bolton provides you with the opportunity to develop a comprehensive theoretical understanding of the sport and exercise psychology literature, as well as the ability to apply this knowledge in professional sport and exercise environments.
An expert team will work with you to develop your theoretical and applied knowledge. To facilitate and deepen your learning, you’ll undertake two professional practice placements in relevant sport and exercise environments. You’ll work alongside seasoned practitioners who will challenge you to apply your knowledge to a variety of key stakeholders. Alongside the professional practice placements, you’ll learn a range of practical skills relating to performance enhancement and the development of psychological wellbeing. Your studies will also focus on assessing the needs of an organisation and developing and delivering culturally sensitive interventions within a professional environment.
Students at Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology (MSc) at the University of Bolton will:
- benefit from the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge in a sport and exercise context.
- develop critical applied skills highly sought after by employers.
- complete two placements (45 hours each), totalling a minimum of 90 hours – one in a sport setting and one in an exercise setting.
- Sport and Exercise Psychology in Professional Practice
- Psychological Strategies: Exercise and Behaviour Change
- Individual Support: Person and Performer
- Organisational Psychology: Context and Culture
- Research Methods
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Sciences View 839 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Normally, you should have at least an upper second class (2.1) honours degree in a relevant subject. Relevant subjects include psychology, sport and exercise psychology, sport and exercise science, and sport rehabilitation. We’ll also consider other psychology, sport or exercise-related undergraduate programmes.
- If your intention is to pursue a career as a chartered Sport and Exercise Psychologist through supervised training with the British Psychological Society (BPS), then please read the entry requirements for the BPS Qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology (QSEP) (Stage 2) route on the BPS website,
- You’ll be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 18 months.
National4680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4680 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.