About the MSci in Sport and Exercise Nutrition at University of Huddersfield
This is an integrated Master’s four year degree, designed to combine both undergraduate and postgraduate study into a single degree. This is a requirement to be able to register as a Sport and Exercise Nutritionist on the Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) held by the British Dietetic Association.
Eating healthily and being physically active are important for wellbeing, and good nutrition can help to achieve optimal performance in sport. Nutrition is increasingly important in elite sport, personal training, and community-based initiatives, so this course could lead to an exciting and rewarding career.
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of biological sciences, nutrition, exercise and health, and sports performance. You'll study anatomy and physiology, fitness conditioning, digestion and metabolism, and psychology.
- In your second year, you’ll go on a work placement, which will provide you with the opportunity to apply your skills in a real-world context.
- In your fourth year you will study Sport and Exercise Nutrition at a postgraduate level.
- You’ll use excellent facilities, including our nutrition food science labs, sport and exercise science labs, and our sport and fitness centre.
- This course was the first degree in the UK to be ‘approved’ by the Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr).
- This course is also endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector. This will enable you to gain industry recognised standards and qualifications, including Gym Instructor, Personal Trainer and Working with People with Long-Term Conditions, which are recognised by major employers in the sector aligned to your degree. You’ll also be able to apply for annual student membership of CIMSPA, and graduate membership upon successful completion of your course.
Careers in sport and exercise nutrition include: Performance Nutritionists, for example with the four UK Institutes of Sport, professional and amateur sports clubs and individual athletes; health promotion eg Health and Wellbeing/Lifestyle Coaches, Weight Management Practitioners; Sales eg supplements, gym equipment, in-store brand ambassador; Academia as researchers and lecturers; and Research and Development and New Product Development for food companies.
- Foundations of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport and Exercise
- Foundations of Bioenergetics Metabolism and Nutrition
- Foundations of Biomechanics for Sport and Exercise
- Foundations of Coaching and Instructing
- Research Methods
- Foundations of Psychology for Sport and Exercise
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBB at A Level (preferred subjects include PE, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Food Technology). If you are studying a Science A Level, the endorsement for practical work is essential and a requirement for entry to our degree course.
- 120 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications including a grade B or above at A Level (preferred subjects include Biology, Chemistry, Physics, PE, or Food Technology).
- Merit at T Level in Health or Healthcare Science
- DDM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (preferred subjects include Sport or Applied Sciences).
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above to include 15 credits in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Nutrition.
- 120 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications which should include PE, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Food Technology at Higher Level grade 6.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.