Electrical and Electronic Engineering (MSc) offered by the University of Bolton aims to build on your undergraduate degree to equip you for a specialist role in research or product design and development. Specific pathways in embedded system design and renewable energy technology are offered.
Expert tutors will support you as you learn to critically apply your knowledge of engineering, science and emerging technologies to investigate and solve industrial and research-related problems. You'll learn to use advanced software tools for modelling, simulation and design.
Your studies will also further develop your analytical problem-solving, critical communication, presentation and transferable skills. You'll play a key role in the implementation of Industry 4.0 technology in the electronics and power engineering industries, from the perspective of design and industrial applications.
Students at Electrical and Electronic Engineering (MSc) offered by the University of Bolton will:
- benefit from tailored help and support throughout their studies.
- benefit from a wider range of knowledge and experience that supports cross-disciplinary thinking by studying alongside students and professionals from other engineering specialisms or alternative industrial sectors.
- Advanced Engineering Modelling and Analysis
- Smart Engineering Systems
- Product Innovation and New Technologies
- Advanced Power System, Control and Electrical Machines
- Pervasive Embedded System Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Electrical Engineering View 142 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally, you should have at least a lower second class honours degree (2.2) in an engineering-related subject; for instance, BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronics Engineering, BEng (Hons) Electronics and Computing, BEng (Hons) Systems Engineering or BSc (Hons) Physics.
- Your application will also be considered if you have alternative equivalent qualifications with extensive relevant work experience and can demonstrate specific competence in electrical and electronic engineering.
- We welcome your application if you hold a degree awarded by an overseas institution. The University will assess the equivalence of your qualifications.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7020 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.