About the MSci in Pharmaceutical Chemistry at University of Huddersfield
Where this course differs from the Pharmaceutical Chemistry BSc(Hons) degree is that the third year of the MSci is a compulsory UK placement year in industry, a government agency or academic research group. We’ll support you to find a place that’s right for you and wherever you choose to go, you’ll complete academic assignments alongside your work experience.
From day one you’ll be building up your knowledge and getting to practise the skills that are sought after by a wide range of industries.
Throughout the course you’ll get to grips with the subject areas through lectures, tutorials, focused seminars and hands-on practicals in modern chemical sciences labs.
Guided by teaching staff who are all educated to doctoral level in their respective areas of expertise, you’ll be able to develop your logical reasoning skills and establish an imaginative approach to solving problems.
All of these aspects of the course are designed to help build your confidence in applying your knowledge and help you enter the world of work when you graduate.
As a graduate of this course, you may consider a career in a wide range of scientific areas, including chemical analysis, chemical manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical analysis, production and process control, research and teaching.
Previous graduates from courses in the subject area of Chemistry have gone on to roles such as Analyst at ALS Environmental, Analytical Scientist at Sequani, Microbiological Analyst at Microsearch Laboratories Ltd, QC Analyst at Ernest Jackson & Co Ltd and Operations and Technical Support Assistant at National Nuclear Laboratory.
- Analytical Science
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy View 150 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply through UCAS
- BBB at A Level including a grade B in Chemistry. The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A Level study, and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.
- 120 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications including a grade B in Chemistry at A Level.
- DDM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Alternatively a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care/Medicinal Science is acceptable but must be accompanied by an A Level in Chemistry at a minimum grade C.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 level 3 credits at Merit and at least 21 credits in Chemistry.
- 120 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications, including Higher Level Chemistry at grade 5.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.