Early Childhood Studies (MSc) offered by the University of Bolton is designed to prepare future leaders for the early years sector. This course is designed to develop your leadership, critical analysis and communication skills. You'll integrate these ideas with your knowledge of childhood development, helping you to achieve career success and champion the uniqueness of every child.
The aim of this course is to extend your already considerable professional skills and knowledge with specialist modules that deepen your understanding of areas such as equality and diversity, early years curriculum development and childhood in a global context. You'll gain critical reflection, analysis and evaluation skills that support your ability to determine the impact of professional interventions on the development of children and across the early year sector.
Students at Early Childhood Studies (MSc) at the University of Bolton will:
- benefit from face-to-face sessions and one-to-one support.
- explore issues from a robust research-informed knowledge base.
- develop critical thinking and research evaluation skills.
- Critical Reading and Writing Skills
- Leadership and Innovation
- Equality and Diversity for Human Services
- Contemporary Issues, Policy and Practice
- Childhood in a Global Context
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education Childhood Studies View 105 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
- Normally, you’ll have at least a Lower Second Class (2.2) Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- We'll also consider applications where appropriate work experience can be demonstrated in lieu of, or in addition to, the published academic qualifications in line with the University’s Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL) procedures.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7020 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.