Digital Dental Technology (Part-time) offered by the University of Bolton allows you to develop skills using digital dental systems to manufacture appliances in fixed prosthodontics, removable prosthodontics and orthodontics. You'll further your knowledge of how digital solutions can assist with advanced techniques, including dental implants. You'll build your business and transferable skills ready to take on leadership and management roles or run your own commercial dental laboratory.
You'll develop your understanding of how principles and techniques from different fields can be brought together to advance dental technology. You'll gain a solid understanding of essential engineering principles, enhance your knowledge of dental biomaterials and fabrication, and explore essential areas of biomedicine.
Your studies will culminate in an independent and substantial piece of research that offers you the chance to demonstrate your mastery of an aspect of contemporary dental technology. You’ll choose an area of interest to research so you can mould your own master’s-level learning. You’ll develop your advanced dental research knowledge but supports you to gain the critical analysis, problem-solving and lifelong learning skills you’ll need to adapt to new challenges, techniques and procedures throughout your career.
Students at Digital Dental Technology (Part-time) at the University of Bolton will:
- have access to industry-standard specialist equipment and advanced biomaterials.
- develop their practical capabilities, preparing them to work independently on their dental appliance manufacturing, research case studies and research-based project.
- benefit from their strong industry links with dental organisations across the UK, offering opportunities for industry masterclasses and lectures, joint projects and networking.
- Dental Material Science
- Research Methodology
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Advanced Engineering Modelling and Analysis
- Leadership and Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Dentistry View 1017 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bolton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally, you should have at least an upper second class (2.1) honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject; for example BSc (Hons) Dental Technology.
- If you have a lower second class (2.2) honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject, we’ll consider your application, especially if you have good relevant industrial experience.
- If you’re a Clinical Dental Technician with an appropriate Level 6 qualification, then we encourage you to apply.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.