The programme will provide knowledge of the fundamentals of inflammation and the immune response in human health and disease; cellular and molecular mechanisms of human tissue repair and the development of therapies designed to repair and restore tissue function; treatments including immunotherapy, stem cell therapy, transplantation, tissue constructs and medical devices. Students will obtain additional practical, analytical and transferable skills essential in biomedical research.
Students will gain awareness of the commercial opportunities and diverse funding mechanisms for the development of new ideas, technologies and applications. Our learning methods will prepare students for careers in academic or industrial biomedical sciences, as well as equipping them with transferable skills in presentation, writing, organisation and team work.
The Human Tissue Repair programme at University College London (UCL) will prepare students for further academic study and to work at the highest levels within the biomedical sciences. It will also provide the foundation and links for careers engaged in the public healthcare sector and the NHS, in industry and biopharma, government and research councils, biomedical charities and stakeholders, sports medicine, and scientific media and publishing houses.
- Principles of Immunology
- Principles of Inflammation
- Tissue Repair and Regeneration
- Practical Laboratory Research Skills
- MRes Research Project (Human Tissue Repair)
- Research Methodologies and Transferable Skills
- Immunological Basis of Disease
- Transplantation Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Health Sciences View 940 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A medical degree or a UK bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject (biological science, biomedicine, biophysics, chemistry, medicine), awarded with first or upper second-class honours, or an overseas qualification or an equivalent standard from a university or educational institution of university rank.
International27992 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27992 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.