Real estate is an important asset class. It is the most popular alternative to stocks and bonds and has an important place in investment portfolios of most investors seeking diversification. In fact, in most countries the property market has a higher market capitalisation than the stock market and comprises over 60% of the average household's wealth. Therefore, both economics and financial economics of the real estate market are rapidly growing fields.
At the same time, while availability of data has been hindering progress of research in this area for decades, recent developments in data collection and analysis offer opportunities recognized by academics and practitioners alike. This programme offers an in depth understanding of how this market works and how its constant changes can be analysed using data.
The Real Estate Economics and Investment Analysis MSc at University College London (UCL) has three aims:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how real estate markets work based on the latest academic research.
- Provide cutting edge analytical frameworks for data driven investment decision making.
- Apply modern methods to collect and interpret property market data.
- Analytical Property Valuation
- Financial Economics of Real Estate
- Property Investment Analysis
- Real Estate Data Analysis
- Real Estate and Urban Economics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEconomics Real Estate & Property Management Banking and Investment View 73 other Masters in Real Estate & Property Management in United Kingdom
- UK Bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Computer Science) awarded with at least an Upper Second-class Honours (2:1), or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- If the Bachelor’s degree is in a non-numerate discipline, the candidate may be accepted if they have professional experience in a numerate field.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National21200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.