If you're looking to advance your career in ecology, mineral and oil exploration, health, urban and regional planning, mathematics, cartography, surveying, geography or environmental science, this one year full-time Geographic Information Science program from University of Queensland will equip you with the geospatial data skills you need.
Access specialist laboratories that feature the latest applications for GIS, remote-sensing, automating geospatial tasks with programming, and web map publishing.
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Urban planner
- Built environment consultant
- Environment and resource manager
- Mineral exploration consultant
- Emergency services officer
- Geographical Information Systems
- Geospatial Processing and Web Mapping
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Spatial Analysis & Modelling
- Mathematical Foundations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 23 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in any field; or Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science. UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale.
International41936 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41936 AUD per year during 12 months.
National30020 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30020 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.