Human Society (with specialism) offered by the University of Bolton allows you to become the master of your own career development, combining focused study in your chosen specialism with essential training to develop the high-level transferable skills demanded by employers.
You'll study cultures, communities and society in readiness for a career working to improve the lives of vulnerable people, children, families and young people in the community. You'll develop postgraduate-level expertise ready for professional practice in human services, along with the high-level transferable skills and self-belief you need for leadership roles, teaching or further research.
Tried-and-tested coaching techniques will be used to help you master skills such as problem-solving, collaboration and team working, using your initiative and decision-making. Your studies will culminate in your Professional Dissertation, an independent and substantial piece of research that will further your knowledge and practice. This will demonstrate your mastery of an aspect of your field, showcasing your expert knowledge to employers.
Your learning will be contemporary, relevant and industry-informed, as our partners span the human services sector and provide up-to-date experience and expertise in practice and policy. You’ll have the lifelong learning, problem-solving and decision-making skills needed to adapt to the challenges you face throughout your career.
Students at Human Society (with specialism) at the University of Bolton will:
- benefit from an engaging programme of visiting speakers and practitioners so they can enjoy masterclasses with industry professionals, gaining insights into contemporary issues, developments and practice in the human services field.
- benefit from opportunities for interdisciplinary work and collaboration that will help them develop their understanding of the interconnections between policy and practice.
- Professional Dissertation
- Business Literacy and Employment Skills
- Solutions Driven Design and Practice
- Diversity, Challenge and Future (Policy and Practice)
- Integrated, Professional Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSociology View 566 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- You should have at least a lower second class (2.2) honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject or five years’ relevant work experience.
- If you wish to gain admission on the basis of five years’ relevant work experience, you’ll be required to attend an online or face-to-face interview and present evidence in the form of a portfolio of work and examples that demonstrate your suitability and aptitude for the course.
- We'll consider applications where appropriate work experience can be demonstrated in lieu of, or in addition to, the published academic qualifications in line with the University’s Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL) procedures.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.