This 2-year Arts in Translation and Interpreting program from University of Queensland offers industry-focused training in community translation and interpreting as well as advanced training for in-demand translation and interpreting specialisations in health and legal.
You'll acquire essential applied skills in computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-editing for machine translation, digital terminology management, and bidule and relay interpreting. You'll also be prepared for advanced simultaneous interpreting for international business and conference settings.
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Legal translator/interpreter
- Conference translator/interpreter
- Freelance translator/interpreter
- Medical translator/interpreter
- International business translator/interpreter
- Theoretical Studies in Translation and Interpreting
- Translation in a Globalised Marketplace
- Translating with Digital Tools
- Consecutive Interpreting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 29 other Masters in Language Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, or
- a Graduate Certificate in Arts in Interpreting (or equivalent), or
- a Graduate Certificate in Arts in Translation (or equivalent), and
- proficiency in spoken and written Chinese and English for the Chinese field of study, or
- proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English for the Japanese field of study
International37104 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37104 AUD per year during 24 months.
National26240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26240 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.