Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering is an energetic and exciting environment. Students benefit from engaging with teaching staff who are actively involved in world-leading research, and advising local, national and international governments and transport agencies.
Students at University College London (UCL) gain a systematic understanding of the causes, motivations and means of personal travel and goods movement; techniques for analysing and resolving transport problems; and methods of evaluating transport projects, plans and policies, recognising the need for public consultation and the political, social, commercial and financial issues involved.
Transport graduates find employment with transport operators, consultancies, and local and central governments in various countries and supranational organisations. Many graduates are employed by companies involved in the manufacture of instrumentation and in companies specialising in software and other services for the engineering industry.
- Transport and its Context
- Transport Engineering and Operations
- Transport Economics
- Transport Policy
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ports and Maritime Transport
- Railway Management, Operation and Engineering
- Road Traffic Theory and its Application
- Transport, Environmental Impacts and Safety
- Urban Design and Street Planning
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 772 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. A level Mathematics is normally required.
International35700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.