In order to renew the discipline of fashion design and to make it relevant for the future, students will delve into the origins of fabric to elevate their final product and give it greater social and cultural significance.
Textiles, fashion and couture need designers with an intrinsic understanding of all the creative processes, able to charge clothes with an almost animistic energy.
The sequel of steps from farm to fashion will empower a new generation of thinkers that demand change by creating fully inclusive designs, concerned with their indigenous roots, their current location, their projected targets and their future as universal creatives.
Harvesting the accumulation of a multitude of artistic endeavors, changing the cynical for the critical and the ephemeral for the elemental, nourishing the now impoverished fields of fashion. Making fashion kind.
Graduates of this Textiles from Farm to Fabric to Fashion programme from Polimoda can engage in all steps of creation, from colour to couture and from fibre to fashion, following their passion, becoming part of the fashion and textile community. From craft to high tech and from brutalist to polished, the intuitive expressions of the mind will form the next idiom of clothing design, talking textiles above all else.
Based on individual character and acquired skills, you can become the next:
- Farmer shepherding your own animals
- Farmer reviving old processes into new textiles
- Farmer integrating agriculture and textile design
- Farmer designing and producing innovative bio yarns
- Farmer manufacturing your own production
- Fashion designer who fully integrates textiles
- Fashion designer developing couture qualities
- Fashion futurist working on material innovation
- Fashion outsider proposing radical ways of working
- Fashion sustainability specialist and consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Farm: to develop knowledge and gain insight into the practices leading to the harvesting of animal and plant fibre, the crafting of yarns and the preparations for weaving
- Fabric One: to bring yarns into construction through weaving, knitting, crochet and lacemaking. Designing an original personal archive of qualities as the basis of collections to be made in the second year (and throughout your lifetime)
- Fabric Two: designing and developing a personal vision of cloth and clothes with studies of embellishments such as embroideries, patchworks, jacquard and printing. A series of textiles to explore your personal quest in order to choose direction for the final phase of study
- Fashion: bringing all acquired knowledge and experiences together into a comprehensive and creative vision of your view of the future of fashion. Dedicating textiles through draping and pattern making in order to create a unique collection of clothes.
- Lidewij Edelkoort
- Linda Loppa
- Philip Fimmano
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 46 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In order to be eligible for this course, you will need to be selected after the admission process.During the application you are required to upload a Portfolio including:
- a manifesto on your moral beliefs and creative philosophy, what you expect from fashion and textiles in the future
- an overview of your previous work with samples and photos.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with motivation letter
- English language proficiency
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA25000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
The payment will be split as following:
- 30.000€ in the first year
- 20.000€ in the second year
Living costs for Florence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.