Our MBAs aspire to achieve lasting positive change for themselves and those around them. We aim to inspire them to create the world they want to live in.
The Essex Executive MBA (Modular Study) programme at the University of Essex is ideal for business professionals looking to challenge themselves to expand their knowledge and skills, and to advance their career.
You will study a broad range of business functions, which includes strategic marketing, sustainable operations, accounting and finance.
Modular study gives you the flexibility to complete your Essex MBA alongside employment or running your own business. We recommend that you opt for a two or three-year pathway and take two or three one-week modules per term.
Our Director’s Workshops are integral to The Essex MBA and run as one and two-day workshops at key stages of the programme. The sessions may include company visits, trips to business incubators and presentations from industry practitioners, as well as our specialist academics. The Director’s Workshops give you the opportunity to relate current business issues to content taught in your modules and develop your professional skills. Recent examples include sessions on personal branding, new business creation, business ethics, risk management, big data for small businesses, value proposition development and company visits to the likes of Adnams PLC, Cambridge Science Park and HSBC.
Your course begins with a week of activities to develop your networking, team work and adaptive thinking skills. It ends with a Capstone, where you choose to complete a dissertation, comprehensive business plan or consultancy project that can be tailored to your professional experience or goals.
We hope to foster your entrepreneurial spirit, so you can build sustainable, resilient business models that make sense to shareholders and the environment. You explore the impact of internationalisation on businesses, suppliers and customers and gain the skills to lead in increasingly demanding marketplaces.
- The Essex MBA is structured around eight core modules, the MBA Essentials, and three further modules, the MBA toolkit, that leverage Essex Business School’s distinct areas of expertise.
- You will also have the opportunity to select an elective module, from a selection called the MBA options, that is aligned to your interests and aspirations.
- These are followed by the Capstone, which is the culmination of the practical Director’s Workshops and business simulations that run throughout the year, and is your opportunity to complete a consultancy project, business plan or dissertation.
- All of the modules listed below provide an example of what is on offer from the current academic year.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Executive MBA Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 320 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Essex and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:2 degree. You are also expected to have an absolute minimum three years of good quality, relevant, professional work experience, post-graduation, at the course start date.
- You must also evidence that you have experience managing people, projects or budgets, that you have been able to progress in your career so far and/or that you have been involved in additional entrepreneurial or community focused activities.
- Once you have applied your experience will be assessed individually against these criteria before a decision is made whether your application will be progressed to the interview stage.
- If you are a non-standard applicant we require at least five years of relevant managerial experience.
- An essay (2000 words) outlining a range of business situations that you have experienced and identifying what you have learnt from them, linking this to how your MBA studies will support you in similar situations in the future
- An up-to-date CV
International1315 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1315 GBP per module during 60 months.
National1315 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1315 GBP per module during 60 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.