The Sports Medical Training and Clinical Exercise Physiology programme offered by Goethe University Frankfurt imparts:
- in-depth sports scientific knowledge focused on sports medicine and training science
- the ability to work independently in accordance with basic scientific principles and to apply scientific methods and knowledge
- the ability to grasp new developments quickly, to familiarise oneself with new areas and to contribute to the further development of one’s own discipline in both research and practice
- Particular emphasis is placed on the teaching of key qualifications that prepare students for demanding professional work in research, industry and practice. Among these key qualifications are teamwork, independent conflict resolution skills, foreign language skills related to the subject, and the planning, preparing and presentation of projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme imparts well developed skills for occupational fields related to:
- health and leisure (e.g. sport clubs, sports associations, local or associational sports administration, media sports desks, commercial sports suppliers, freelance trainers and supervisors, sports and exercise therapy in prevention and rehabilitation, and health insurance funds)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Human Medicine Sports Sciences View 20 other Masters in Human Medicine in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in a programme that focuses on sports science or sports medicine, or a Bachelor’s degree in a similar programme that focuses on physical exercise or health, or a German degree in the same or similar discipline that is recognised as equivalent
- Students have to complete the respective module from the Bachelor’s degree. in sports science in the following cases: insufficient methodological knowledge of empirical social research; insufficient knowledge of sports and exercise therapy for internal and neurological clinical pictures and damage; insufficient knowledge of training-related therapeutic intervention for diseases and injuries of the locomotive system
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Semester fee: 369 EUR
Living costs for Frankfurt am Main
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.