This Agri-food Systems and Rural Development programme at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is oriented towards economic, social, cultural and environmental aspects of agricultural production and agribusiness development, particularly in tropical regions. Using the combination of traditional and modern approaches, the main focus is on poverty alleviation strategies, strengthening of institutional frameworks for rural development, sustainable farm-household economics, and/or, socioeconomic and cultural aspects of environmental conservation.
The programme at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague consists of courses that address theoretical aspects of development, project management, financial services and international trade. A special emphasis is put on the study of farming and the economics of rural systems, access to financial services and competitive markets, the empowerment of fragile population groups, community resilience, and the planning,management and evaluation of development activities. A very important part of courses is represented by Scientific Seminars which give students the opportunity to present their own work and improve their communication skills in relation to their diploma thesis.
- A very important part of courses is represented by Scientific Seminars which give students the opportunity to present their own work and improve their communication skills in relation to their diploma thesis.
- The faculty provides many opportunities to gain hands-on experience and practical skills through its projects around the world.
- Students are highly encouraged to develop their master's thesis in conjunction with one of these development projects or with a local institution.
- The studies are terminated by State exam and defence of the Master's thesis.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgribusiness Agriculture View 3 other Masters in Agribusiness in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- If applying for a Master’s study programmes, you have to submit a Bachelor's diploma. The applicant has to submit a diploma from any of the CULS Prague Faculties, or from any technically, economically, biologically oriented university. Foreign applicants are required to demonstrate equivalence of diplomas (so-called nostrification) obtained from bachelor's degree education.
- Admission interview from: Economics and World Geography
International1570 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1570 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1570 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1570 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fees in national currency: 40 000,- CZK
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.